International industries as well as customers are gradually adopting Internet of Things technologies
DUBLIN, 22 November 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Global Internet of Things Market and Trends 2021” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The international value of the Internet of Things to cross a threshold trillion dollars brand by 2024
Defined as a system of interdependent computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals, or people with unique identifiers (UIDs), the Internet of Things (IoT) provides the ability to transfer data on a network without requiring human-to-human intervention. human or human-computer interaction.
Consumers and businesses are increasingly adopting IoT for many purposes, and the technology is being implemented rapidly around the world. In addition, by 2024, the international IoT market revenue has been calculated to cross a trillion dollars point and by 2030, the number of connected devices will likely reach nearly 30 billion worldwide. Additionally, observing the trend, global business executives have defined the integration of IoT into their business as an important strategic goal, according to surveys cited in this publication.
Already in 2020, a major proportion of the world’s IoT revenue was attributed to the industrial Internet of Things, with transportation equipment, machine manufacturing, as well as computer and electronic product manufacturing as the main sectors.
Western Europe leaps and bounds in consumer adoption of IoT
According to the 2021 forecast cited in this market report, the highest number of IoT connections in 2030 will be recorded in Europe, compared to other parts of the world. Based on the same estimates, the region will be followed by North America, Asia, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. This, however, is not surprising, because already in 2021, almost nine in ten of all connectivity service providers in Western Europe and more than eight in ten of all connectivity service providers in Western Europe. East were the fast wireless link required for IoT optimization.
In addition, the adoption of consumer IoT, including internet-connected home energy management, security and safety connections, home appliances, virtual assistants, television, and game consoles, was significantly higher in Western Europe than in other EU countries, with the Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, and the UK among the leaders.
Meanwhile at United States, half of adults who had to work from home during COVID-19, bought new smart home devices to move their homes forward and improve working conditions. Additionally, smart lighting and smart security cameras or video doorbells were the top two categories of smart home products that American adults planned to purchase in the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021. Asia, meanwhile, the adoption of IoT is also progressing, and by 2030, South East Asia needed to lead the regional level of IoT adoption.
Cover of the report
- This report covers the global Internet of Things (IoT) market. The IoT is defined as a system of computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals, or people that are interdependent with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without require human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. The report offers an overview of the status of IoT technology in different regions of the world, recent and possible future developments, consumer preferences, technological advancements, etc.
- In addition to global data, major global regions of global IoT are covered in the report, including Europe, North America, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa. The current state of the IoT itself and the availability of data varied by region and country.
Main topics covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Global market overview
- Overview of IoT market trends and IoT business applications, September 2021
- Overview of the current state of IoT technologies and trends, June 2021
- Internet of Things Market Revenue, USD Billion, 2019 & 2020 & 2024f
- Number of IoT connections installed, in billions, 2019-2030f
- Mapping of sectors, by recurring IoT revenue, in millions of USD, and CARG, in%, 2020-2030f
- Number of connected IoT devices, by wide and short range devices, in millions, 2017-2026f
- Mobile subscription number, by category, incl. LTE and 5G, in millions, 2019 & 2020 & 2026f
- Total data traffic, in EB / month, and mobile data traffic, in GB / month, per device, 2019 & 2020 & 2026f
- Top 5 Government IoT Terminal Electronics and Communications Revenue, by Use Case, in USD Billion, 2019-2021
- Technologies Expected to Help Businesses Recover From COVID-19,% of Senior Executives, Summer 2020
- Industrial IoT revenue, by segment, in%, 2020
- Generation of industrial IoT data, by region, in%, 2020 and 2025f
- Industrial IoT devices regional market shares,%, 2020
- Number of smart home devices in active use, billions, 2020 and 2025f
- Smart home device shipments, by product type, in millions, and market share, in%, 2020 and 2025f
- Share of Personal and Subscription Purchases of Smart Home Devices,% of Total, 2025f
- Share of households using smart home automation,% of total, 2025f
- Top 4 Regions / Countries by Unit of Smart Device Shipment Growth Rate, 2020-2025f
4. North America
4.2. United States
5.4. South Korea
6. Latin America
7. Middle East and Africa
7.4. Saudi Arabia
- Alora Laboratories
- Guarana Technologies
- Jellyfish technologies
- LG Electronics
- Police software development
- Interactive Acolyte
- The AppLabb
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/thvkzt
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets