BIG RAPIDS – Agents from the Big Rapids Department of Public Safety have responded to the following calls.
Not all calls may be signaled.
From Friday September 17 to Sunday September 19
• A property was found in block 600 of Adams Street. Maintenance found a small amount of marijuana while cleaning an apartment. He was placed on the property for destruction.
• An accident with property damage was reported on Water Tower Road.
• A welfare check has been carried out in block 800 of Country Way. The woman said she was fine and didn’t want to talk to anyone.
• A welfare check has been carried out in block 200 of Warren Street. One man turned out to be fine without any problems.
• An accident with property damage has been reported on State Street near Linden Street.
• A civil complaint has been filed in the 200 block of Pemberton Street. A complainant indicated that a man had assaulted the woman the night before at this residence. The incident was recorded on the surveillance system, which showed that no assault had taken place.
• Suspicious activity has been reported in Hemlock Park. A caller reported that a man had a fight with two other strangers the day before.
• A domestic assault has been reported in the 700 block of Clark Street. A woman called the dispatcher saying her boyfriend punched her in the face and pushed her down the stairs at his residence. It was found that she was not pushed down the stairs and broke the man’s phone while he was filming her during their argument. The man said the woman was suicidal. The woman said she was not. The woman said the same about the man. Police have issued arrest warrants against both parties.
• A welfare check has been carried out in block 800 of Country Way. The man was located and fine.
• A messy complaint has been filed in the 800 block of South State Street. After a man was told he couldn’t add a cell phone to a plan his name wasn’t on, he got messy. While outside, he mentioned that he was aware of recent bomb threats at a cell phone store. The man drove away in a black SUV. The store requested that no contact be made with the man. They also didn’t want him raped or charged.
• An accident with property damage has been reported on State Street near Locust Street.
• A noise complaint was filed in Block 100 Gilbertson Street. A man received a warning after being told his band was too loud with music and his bull-riding machine. Vehicles were also illegally parked on the grass and the sidewalk.
• During a liquor inspection in the 800 block of Maple Street, a man provided officers with a fake Illinois ID card even after being told they knew it was fake. The man was cited for possession and false identity card.
• A private property damage accident has been reported in the 1000 block of South State Street. A caller reported that a man had struck the vehicle in front of him twice during the driveway. It turned out that the man was operating under the influence and refused a PBT. In a chemical test, the man provided the first breath sample, but then refused to provide further samples. A search warrant and a blood test were taken. The vehicle was impounded.
• A passerby found a one-year-old child walking near North State Street and Spruce Street. Officers scoured the area and after knocking on doors, located the child’s father, who had no idea the child had left the house. CPC has been contacted and the report will be forwarded for review.
• A mutual domestic incident was reported in the 200 block of Monroe Street. A father went to visit his daughter. The father sat on the daughter’s couch and she knew he was carrying bedbugs. She told him to get up and go and an argument ensued. The girl started to push her father out of the door, causing her glasses to fall off her face. The father gave his daughter a backhand. The daughter then threw her phone and medication at him, and it appeared that the action broke the father’s phone. The father then kicked a car in the driveway while wearing flip flops which caused no damage.