Pooja Bedi Asks If Court Calling Juhi Chawla’s 5G Publicity Stunt Is Fair: “Can A Celebrity Ever Do Something” Entertainment News
- Pooja Bedi backed Juhi Chawla after Delhi’s High Court dismissed his plea against setting up 5G wireless networks, claiming he was filed to “advertise”.
POSTED JUNE 05, 2021 09:02 IST
Actor Pooja Bedi lent his support to actor Juhi Chawla after Delhi’s High Court dismissed his lawsuit challenging the establishment of 5G wireless networks in the country. The court said the case was filed to “publicize”.
Speaking to Twitter, Pooja launched a poll, asking if it was fair that the court dismissed his case on publicity grounds. She also asked if a celebrity could take a step without it being considered a publicity stunt.
She tweeted: “Considering that @iam_juhi has stood up against EMFs and cell phone towers for years and years … do you think it’s fair that #DelhiHighCourt rejected their case against # 5ginindia for “publicity” reasons? Can a celebrity EVER do something without it being considered a publicity stunt? “
The poll that began last night has already garnered more than 260 votes, with 65% voting the court’s decision as unfair while the remaining 35% voted in favor.
Responding to his post, many users extended their support. One fan wrote: “It will discharge other Bollywood celebrities from not raising public concerns in the future. It is often said that they do not or do not come forward for corporations and the nation. Appreciate his initiative, no matter what happened. “
Another said: âWe support his fight. At least could the courts have ordered the telecommunications companies to react? As usual, ordinary people have no one to turn to. “A real woman worried about the health of the men in her country has been discouraged, she no longer needs it publicly, she is very, very, well known,” wrote a third.
Also Read: Inside Yami Gautam-Aditya Dhar’s Wedding: See Photos Of Family Rituals
On Friday, the court also imposed a fine of â¹20 lakh on Juhi and the co-applicants in describing the plea as “flawed” and “abuse of legal process”. The judge said the questions raised about the health risks from 5G technology were “untenable” and “bloated with outrageous, frivolous and vexatious pointless talk” that could be invalidated.